Whenever I am invited to a barbecue, people always ask that I bring a large bowl of tzatziki. This version is easy to make and super delicious. Dip your bread in it or serve it with grilled meats!
- 1 (500 g) tub of Greek yoghurt
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more, depends on your taste)
- 2 tablespoons of dried dill
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Lemon juice of half a lemon.
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Strain the yoghurt for 24 hours (use a paper coffee filter, cheesecloth, or a clean kitchen towel) in the fridge.
- Peel and grate the cucumber. Make sure you squeeze out all of the excess water. Place it into a bowl.
- Add the strained yoghurt.
- Mince the garlic with a garlic press and add it to the yoghurt mixture.
- Add the dried dill and lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the tzatziki in the fridge at least 3 hours before serving. Serve it with some Turkish bread. Yum!
Tip: Before serving, drizzle some olive oil on top of the tzatziki and garnish it with a couple of olives.
Tell your friends about this Tzatziki Recipe