Tabouleh is a cold couscous (or bulgur) salad from the Middle East. There are many variations, but all of the variations contain lots and lots of fresh herbs. This salad tastes great as a side dish or as a healthy lunch dish. This dish is especially tasty with some grilled or smoked chicken!
- 200 gram of couscous
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Mint (fresh, handful)
- Chives (fresh, handful)
- Parsley (fresh, handful)
- Coriander (fresh, handful)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- Clove of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to the instructions on the package.
- Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Dice the cucumber.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop all the fresh herbs (mint, chives, parsley, and coriander).
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and fresh herbs to the couscous.
- Crush the clove of garlic and add it to the couscous.
- Add the olive oil.
- Cut the lemon in half and add a squirt (to taste) of lemon juice to the salad.
- Mix everything together to combine.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Tip: If you don’t have couscous, this salad also works well with bulgur or quinoa!
Do you like this Tabouleh Recipe? Share it with your friends!