If you like spicy food, try this crab cake recipe! The wasabi in these crab cakes packs a real punch. Serve as an appetiser with some soy sauce as a dip. Yum!
- 450g crab (from tin)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Fresh ginger, grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 75gr bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix together the crab meat, spring onions, garlic, coriander, mayonnaise, wasabi and sesame oil.
- Add some salt en black pepper to taste.
- Add as many bread crumbs as it takes to get the mixture firm (you need to be able to shape it into a cookie shape).
- Put the mixture in the fridge for (at least) 30 minutes.
- Make 12 cakes with the mixture.
- Heat up the oil and fry the crab cakes for about 4 minutes on each side (or until they are golden).
Tip: Make a yummy dip from soy sauce and wasabi paste!
Share this Crab Cakes Recipe with your friends