This Chicken and Noodle soup is very refreshing because of the citrus undertones coming from the lemon zest. Serve it for lunch or as a starter for dinner. Easy to make and done in just 1 hour!
- 1 whole bone-in chicken breast, with skin
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- 20g spaghetti/noodles, broken into smaller bits
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
- white pepper and salt to taste
- Get a large saucepan. Put in the chicken breast, chicken stock, onion, mint sprig, lemon zest and parsley. Let it simmer for about 35 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken breast from the stock. Let it cool down. When it’s cool enough to handle, strip off the meat. Cut the meat into thin strips.
- Strain the stock with a fine sieve or use cheesecloth. Return the stock to the saucepan. Bring it to the boil. Add chopped mint and pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat source. Stir in the chicken meat. Serve with lemon slice and mint leaf. Enjoy!
Share this Chicken and Noodle Soup Recipe with your friends!