Broccoli is super healthy and quite diverse. You can put it in quiches, in salads, and also in soups! Serve the broccoli soup as a starter or as a main meal with some bread. Yum!
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 700ml chicken stock
- 700g broccoli florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Get a medium sized stock pot, and melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup (immersion blender)
- Get a small saucepan, and melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Stir in flour and add milk. Keep stirring. Add to soup when thick and bubbly.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper.
Tip: Add some Stilton cheese for a cheesy and tangy flavour!
Share this delicious Brocolli Soup Recipe with your friends!