This classic French salad is made with green beans, tuna, hard-boiled eggs, and potatoes. This is an easy-to-follow Salad Nicoise recipe, and it won’t take up too much of your time. It’s a great starter or side dish to any meal!
- 8 small (Roseval) potatoes
- 200g of green beans
- 4 eggs
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 crops of lettuce
- 2 cans of tuna (olive oil base)
- 2-3 tablespoons of black olives (pitted)
- 8 anchovy fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean. Boil them unpeeled for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean the green beans and cook them in some salted water for 5-10 minutes. When they are cooked, rinse them with cold water.
- Boil the eggs (you will need hard boiled eggs). Cut them in parts when they are done.
- Wash the tomatoes and halve them.
- Pick the crunchy leaves from the heart of the lettuce. The rest will not be used.
- Drain the tuna, but keep the oil.
- Divide the lettuce, potatoes, green beans, tuna, egg, tomato, anchovy fillets and olives over 4 plates.
- Mix the tuna oil, mustard, garlic and lemon juice together. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the dressing over the salad.
- Bon appetit!
Tip: Delicious with a crunchy and buttered baguette.
Share this Nicoise Salad Recipe with your friend