This Southern style rub is a popular rub to use when grilling ribs. This rub contains paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, sea salt and black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Grind the ingredients with a mortar and pestle. Store the rub in an airtight container. This spicy rub tastes great with ribs. Rub the ribs with the Memphis style dry rub 3 hours before grilling to get the best taste. This rub also goes well with chicken!
Ready to BBQ? Share this Memphis Style Dry Rub Recipe