Lentils are very versatile. You can make stews or curries with lentils, but they also taste great in a fresh summer salad. This lentil salad makes a great lunch or a tasty BBQ side dish. Delicious with some homemade bread!
- 1 can of cooked brown lentils (160 gr)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 30 gram rocket (or 2 large hands)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 150 gram of soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Grated lemon zest (half a lemon or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the lentils.
- Get a bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, pepper, salt, pepper, and honey. Whisk together well. Add the lentils and stir well. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Wash the rocket and tear into smaller bits.
- After 30 minutes, get the lentils out of the fridge. Mix in the rocket, crumbled goat cheese, red onion, parsley, and grated lemon zest.
Tip: Add some crispy bacon bits! Because, bacon…
You know someone who like salads? Please share!