This Middle Eastern food dip is made from cooked chickpeas and is incredibly easy to make. Scoop it up with some pita bread and enjoy!
- 350g chick peas, cooked
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini (sesame paste)
- Lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Put the chick peas and the tahini in your food processor. Blend it to a paste.
- Mince the garlic with a garlic press and add it to the paste.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, cumin and olive oil. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Before serving, sprinkle on some paprika. Serve the houmous with a flatbread, such as pita bread.
Tip: Add some red roasted peppers for an extra kick!
Share this Houmous Recipe with your friends