When regular cupcakes just won’t do! This Chocolate Cupcakes recipe is very easy to follow and it produces some awesome tasting cupcakes. Perfect for a party or afternoon tea!
- 50g dark chocolate
- 125g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300g flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 275g sour cream
- 125g sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 100g mascarpone
- 100ml cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Put paper cupcake cups in the cupcake tray.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, the sugar, the vanilla sugar, butter, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Melt the chocolate and stir through batter.
- Pour the batter into the paper cupcake cups (don’t fill them all the way up, the cupcakes will rise).
- Put the cupcake tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 min.
- When they are done, let them cool down before you put on the topping.
- For the topping: Whip the cream into stiff peaks. Mix the mascarpone and the sugar. Fold the mascarpone mix into the whipped cream. Use piping bag to put the mixture on the cupcake. Decorate the finished cupcake with some cocoa powder.
Tip: Add some white chocolate bits to the batter!
Let Your Friend know about this delicious Chocolate Cupcake Recipe