This tofu soup recipe combines the delicious flavours of Shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and pak choi. It’s extremely quick and easy to prepare, too!
- 1.5L chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarians)
- 2 teaspoons lard (or vegetable oil)
- 50g fresh Shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 50g tinned sliced bamboo shoots
- 100g baby pak choi, chopped into thick slices
- 200g soft tofu, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped coriander
- Put the stock and lard (or vegetable oil) in a large pot and bring to the boil. Mix in the mushrooms and bamboo shoots and bring back to the boil.
- Then, add the pak choi and allow to return to the boil. Add the tofu and cook until they float.
- Season with salt, white pepper and MSG.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander.
Share this Tofu Soup Recipe with your friends