A Chinese favourite, Tofu in Oyster Sauce is easy to prepare. This delicious dish can be an ideal side. It’s ready to eat in 40 minutes.
Tofu in Oyster Sauce
Author: Emmy Baker
- 1 (425g) tinned oyster mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 10 fried tofu puffs
- 1 (225g) bamboo shoots, drained
- 200g bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 spring onions, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chilli peppers
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ teaspoon sugar
- Blanch the oyster mushrooms, tofu puffs, bamboo shoots and bean sprouts in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds. Drain well.
- Remove any greasy residue from the tofu puffs by firmly pressing each and allowing to drain.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Stir-fry the garlic, spring onions and chilli for about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the onion and ½ teaspoon salt and fry for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the blanched ingredients and mix well. Stir in the oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts, mix well and serve.
Share this Tofu in Oyster Sauce Recipe with your friends!