These Steamed Pork Meatballs are filled with flavours – shiitake mushrooms, ginger, spring onions and water chestnuts. A yummy Chinese recipe that is simple to make.
- 350g pork, ground
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 5 water chestnut, finely chopped
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp canola oil
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in water for about 20 minutes. Drain and chop finely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, mushrooms, water chestnuts, spring onions, cornstarch, sugar, light and dark soy sauce, cooking oil and salt. Mix well.
- Form the pork mixture into balls about 3cm in diameter.
- Put the meatballs on a small dim sum steamer.
- Steam over boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and serve with soy sauce or hot chili sauce.
Share this Steamed Pork Meatball Recipe with your friends