An authentic Shanghai Chow Mein recipe with stir-fried pork and spinach. Easy to make and very tasty!
Shanghai Chow Mein
Author: Emmy Baker
- 340g pork strips
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 450g Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Oil for frying
- 2 tsp freshly chopped root ginger
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- A handful of chopped kale or spinach
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Mix pork strips with 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, rice wine and cornflour. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place a pot of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Stir in a pinch of salt. Add noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes, until nearly soft. Remove and immerse in cold water. Drain and mix well with the oil.
- Add oil to a preheated wok. Fry the ginger and spring onions for a couple of minutes. Add the pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Remove from the wok.
- Pour more oil into the hot wok, add the noodles and stir fry for 5 minutes. Remove from the wok and leave them aside for the moment.
- Heat the oil again in the wok. Stir fry the greens until cooked. Add the pork, 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and vinegar. Mix well. Add egg noodles, stir well and serve.
Share this Shanghai Chow Mein Recipe with your friends