Prawn Toast is a very popular Chinese appetiser. Now you can make this Chinese takeaway favourite at home in just 15 minutes! Yum!
- 200g peeled prawns
- 1 egg white
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- a pinch of salt
- 2 spring onions
- 8 slices of white bread
- sesame seeds
- cooking oil as needed for deep frying
- Put the prawns, egg white, garlic, hot pepper sauce, cornflour, salt and spring onions in a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Cut each piece of bread into 4 triangles. Remove the crusts.
- Spread the prawn paste onto one side of the bread. Press down as much as possible.
- Get a plate. Put the sesame seeds on the plate. Press the bread paste side down into the sesame seeds.
- Get a wok or a large frying pan. Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil, until hot (not smoking). Fry the toasts 30-50 seconds per side. Enjoy!
Share this Prawn Toast Recipe with your friends!