Having a party? These Pork Wontons make for a tasty party snack! These authentic Chinese wontons are filled with a yummy mixture of pork, pak choi and water chestnuts. You can even freeze these delicious morsels to fry at a later date.
- 250g (9 oz) minced pork
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ (220g) tin water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 oz bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75g (3 oz) beansprouts, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 leaves pak choi, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or sake
- 60 wonton wrappers
- 2L (3¼ pints) rapeseed oil for frying
- Get a large bowl. Put in the rice wine, pak choi, egg, beansprouts, spring onions, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, soy sauce, salt and pork. Mix it together.
- Put 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Form a triangle by folding the edges of the wonton. Press the edges together with a moistened finger. Fold in half again (lengthwise), fold back and bring the corners together. Press the two corners together.
- Get a frying pan or wok. Heat oil over high heat. Fry the wontons for 2 minutes. Put the wontons on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
Share this Pork Wonton Recipe with your friends