Black bean sauce is a popular sauce in Chinese cuisine. This sauce tastes delicious with a pork stir-fry. Not only is Pork in Black Bean Sauce really tasty, it is also very easy to make! Ready in just 40 minutes.
- 450g/1lb lean pork
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1½ tbsp groundnut (peanut) oil
- 1½ tbsp black beans, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Cut the pork into thin slices. In a bowl, mix the cornflour, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine together. Add the pork slices. Make sure the pork is coated with the marinade. Marinate the pork for at least 20 minutes.
- Get a large frying pan or wok and heat it until it is very hot. Add half of the oil. When the oil is very hot and slightly smoking, add the pork. Stir-fry the pork 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Wipe the wok clean. Reheat the rest of the oil. Add the shallots, spring onions, garlic and the black beans. Add the rest of the ingredients a few seconds later. Bring the mix to a boil and return the pork to the wok. Stir-fry for an additional 5 minutes.
Share this Pork in Black Bean Sauce Recipe with your friends!