Easy to make and quick to cook, these Pineapple Fritters are the perfect snack or dessert for that Chinese meal. This recipe will be sure to leave you craving more!
- 227g can of pineapple slices in light syrup (4 slices)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 80g self-raising flour
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- Drain the pineapple slices in a sieve over a measuring jug. Set aside the drained syrup. Put a piece of kitchen paper on a plate and lay the pineapple slices on it. Cover with kitchen paper to remove excess syrup.
- For the coating: Combine the caster sugar and sesame seeds and put the mixture on a plate ready for coating.
- To make the batter: 100ml of syrup is needed. If less than 100ml was drained from the pineapples, top up with cold water. Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in about half of the syrup. Mix the flour and syrup to make a smooth, very thick batter. Beat the batter to remove any lumps.
- Heat about 1cm depth of sunflower oil in a frying pan. Drop a teaspoonful of batter into the oil to check it is hot enough. The batter should immediately sizzle and should brown in about 30 seconds. Remove the batter to avoid it burning.
- Put a pineapple slice in the batter. Turn it using a fork and spoon so that it is well coated. Carefully drop the pineapple into the hot oil. Cook for 30-60 seconds, turning the fritter when the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Drain the fritters using a slotted spoon and place on to the sesame sugar. Turn quickly to coat both sides and serve.
Share this Pineapple Fritter Recipe with your friends