In the mood for a tasty Chinese classic? This Kung Pao Chicken recipe is very easy to follow, and it creates delicious Kung Pao with a nice, thick sauce. Serve it with some white rice to make it a complete Chinese meal!
- 2 tablespoons sake or Chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornflour dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 500g (1¼ lb) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried crushed chillies, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (220g) tin water chestnuts
- 100g (4 oz) peanuts
- Mix together the sake/rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornflour. Divide the mixture in half.
- Get a bowl. Put in half the sake mixture and the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken well. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Get a frying pan. Put in the rest of the sake mixture, chillies, vinegar and sugar. Mix together. Add the spring onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts. Heat the sauce slowly over medium heat.
- Sauté marinated chicken in a large frying pan until the juices run clear. When the sauce is aromatic, add sautéed chicken. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens.
Share this Kung Pao Chicken Recipe with your friends