Need a great starter or party snack? These Hoisin Beef Skewers will do the trick! Cook them on the BBQ or use a grill pan. Super delicious and very easy to make!
- 900g flank steak or skirt steak
- 125ml hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh root ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chilli-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chillies
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 chopped spring onions
- Cut the flank steak in slices of 2.5cm wide by 5mm thick. For the best result, slice across the grain and at an angle.
- Get a bowl. Add the black pepper, red chillies, chilli-garlic sauce, sesame oil, ginger, salt, garlic, honey, lime juice and hoisin sauce. Mix together and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the steak and make sure it is coated with the marinade. Then squeeze out the extra air and seal the bag. Leave to marinade overnight (12 hours) in the fridge for the best result (minimum of 2 hours).
- Thread the marinated meat onto skewers. Get a grill pan and grill the skewers (2-3 minutes per side). When done, garnish the skewers with the sesame seeds and the spring onion.
Share this Hoisin Beef Skewers Recipe with your friends!