Chinese dumplings are a favourite of many. This recipe for Pumpkin dumplings makes 80! Perfect snacks for a party!
- 100 g dried Chinese Shiitake mushrooms (soaked until soft, chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 300 g plain flour
- 150 g pumpkin puree with water (mix 100g steamed pumpkin puree with water)
- 250 g cabbage (chopped finely)
- 50 g carrots (chopped finely)
- 20 g Chinese chives (chopped finely)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pepper, to taste
- 225 ml water
- 1 tbsp flour
- Makes: 80 dumplings
- Season the Shiitake mushrooms with 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tbsp light soy sauce.
- Braise the mushorooms with ½ cup water for about 1-2 hours.
- To prepare dumpling wrapper, mix plain flour with pumpkin water. Knead until the dough is smooth, then let it rest for 1 hour.
- For the filling, squeeze the cabbage to remove water. Add the cabbage to the carrot, chives and mushrooms. Mix in 1 tbsp light soy sauce, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp sesame oil and a dash of pepper. Mix well.
- Dust worktop with flour, divide dough into 80 small pieces. With a rolling pin, roll dough into round, thin pieces.
- Place a small spoonful of filling on the dumpling skin, fold it and cinch across the seam to prevent it opening.
- Mix the flour and water in a small bowl.
- Pour a little cooking oil into a frying pan and fry dumplings over medium heat.
- Once the bottom of the dumplings turn golden brown, add 1-2 tbsp of flour water mixture. Cover with lid and cook over high heat.
- Cook until water has evaporated.
- Serve with soy sauce.
Share this Fried Pumpkin Dumpling Recipe with your friends