Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs are a popular Chinese takeaway dish. You can now make them yourself. It takes some time to make these delicious ribs, but they are well worth the wait! Serve them with some Egg Fried Rice or some chips.
- 900g pork spare ribs
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 90ml rice or wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- grated zest of one lime
- 4 tbsp of soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp of Chinese five spice powder
- Put the ribs into a pan after you have washed and dried them. Cover them with cold water and add the malt vinegar. Bring to the boil. Let the ribs simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 220C.
- While the ribs are cooking, put the rest of the ingredients in a pan. Add 90 ml of water and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for five minutes, so the mixture reduces and thickens.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and drain them. Put them on a roasting dish in a single layer. Cover the ribs with the soy mixture. Make sure to coat the ribs evenly.
- Loosely cover the ribs with aluminium foil and put them in the oven 30 minutes.
- When the ribs have roasted for 30 minutes, remove the foil. Cook for another 30 minutes without the foil. Make sure to turn and baste the ribs every 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Order your BBQ Spare Ribs via Chinese-Takeaway.com
Share this Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs Recipe with your friends