Get an authentic taste of Chinese food with this Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup recipe. Enjoy as a starter or main course!
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 red onion
- 2 corn on the cob (or 1 large tin of sweetcorn)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- leftover meat from 1 chicken (or 4 cooked chicken legs), skinned
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) chicken stock
- squeeze of orange juice
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the sweetcorn kernels off the cobs (or open and drain the tin) and add to the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, gradually adding the cornflour.
- Mix in the cooking wine, orange juice and soy sauce and increase to a high heat.
- Pour in the stock and add the bay leaf to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cut the cooked chicken into rough cube sized pieces; add this to the pan. For extra flavour, add some of the bones too.
- Leave to boil for 15 minutes. Remove the bones and bay leaf and serve.
A great dish. Especially on cold, winter days Enjoy!
Share this Chicken Sweetcorn Soup Recipe with your friends