Char Siu is a Chinese favourite! This recipe is roasted pork marinated in a sweet, sticky sauce made with hoisin and honey.
Author: Emmy Baker
- 2 (500g) pork fillets
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp light miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 heaped tsp 5 spice powder or to taste
- a dash of soy sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the pork, cover with cling film and leave at least 2 hours.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 210 C.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish and add the marinated pork. Pour over half of the remaining marinade and place it in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180 C and roast for about another 40 minutes, turning over half way through and adding the remaining marinade.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Share this Char Siu Recipe with your friends!