We’ve got the perfect Beef with Orange Sauce recipe for you! The earthiness of the beef works with the sweetness of the orange sauce to provide a dish that’s full of flavour.
- For the beef:
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- pinch ground white pepper
- 2 beef fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 100g/3½oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- To serve:
- mixed salad leaves
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- For the marinade: place the rice wine, soy sauce, honey, orange juice and ground white pepper into a large bowl and mix well with a whisk. Mix in the beef steaks. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil, then add the steaks. Reserve the marinade. Fry to your tastes - 1-2 minutes on each side for rare, 2-3 minutes for medium, or longer for well-done. Place the steaks onto two serving plates, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the wok and cook over a high heat for 30 seconds. It should be sticky.
- Fry the shiitake mushrooms in the wok for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are softened.
- To serve, remove the foil from the plates and spoon the mushrooms alongside the steaks. Garnish with the orange segments and spring onion and serve with the mixed salad leaves.
Share this Beef with Orange Sauce Recipe with your friends!