Combine the earthy flavours of beef, mushrooms and pak choi with egg noodles in this quick Chinese recipe. Beef Noodle soup has never been simpler!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 300g lean rump steak, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 litre beef stock, made with stock cubes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g baby pak choi, leaves halved
- 200-250g instant fine egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce to the sesame oil and Chinese rice wine or sherry. Mix in the strips of beef. Leave to marinate.
- Heat the stock in a large pan. Add the spring onions, sliced mushrooms and halved pak choi, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place the noodles in to the pan of vegetables and cook for 2-4 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, heat a wok with the oil and stir-fry the beef for 2 minutes or until browned. Mix the contents of the pan into the simmering stock. Bring back to the boil. Season with black pepper and serve.
Enjoy this delicious Chinese dish tonight!
Share this Beef Noodle Soup Recipe with your friends!