I love burgers! This Chicken Tonatto Burger is easy to make and is super delicious (and healthier than a beef burger). Bon appetit!
- 2 courgettes
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 400g chicken breast, finely chopped
- Basil, finely chopped
- 1 can of tuna (olive oil base), drained
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1-2 small cans of capers
- 4 hamburger buns
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the courgettes with a cheese slicer and put the slices in a colander.
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil. Pour over the courgettes. Drain the courgettes and put in a bowl.
- Grate and juice the lemon.
- Add the lemon juice, the olive oil, the pepper and the salt to the courgettes.
- In a bowl, mix the finely chopped chicken with the lemon zest, basil and some pepper and salt.
- Make your hands moist and shape the chicken mixture into burgers.
- Heat your grill pan and grill the burgers for 10-12 minutes or until they are done.
- In a bowl, purée the tuna, mayonnaise, and the half of the capers into a sauce.
- Put slices of courgette on a hamburger bun, followed by the chicken burger, 1 tablespoon of tuna mayonnaise, and the rest of the capers.
Tip: If you like it hot, add a red chili pepper to the burger mix!
Share this Chicken Tonatto Burger Recipe with your Friends