Too hot to spend hours in the kitchen? Prepare this delicious and easy-to-make chicken & mango salad! Serve it with some bread or noodles. Yum!
Chicken & Mango Salad
Author: Emmy Baker
- 2 tablespoons of Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red Spanish red chili pepper
- 400g chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of oil (to stir-fry)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe (but firm) mango, sliced
- 3 lemon leaves, sliced
- 75g unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, brown sugar, and the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the crushed garlic and chili pepper.
- Brush the chicken with oil and grill it for 10-12 minutes or until it is done.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with half of the dressing. Put the chicken in the fridge to cool.
- Add the shallots, mango, lemon leaves, peanuts, coriander and half of the mint. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the rest of the dressing.
- Top the salad with the rest of the mint.
Tip: Add some Thai glass noodles!