There are many variations of this classic salad. This version features homemade garlic croutons, crispy bacon, medium boiled eggs, anchovies, and Parmesan cheese. Delicious as a starter or as a side dish!
Prep: 30 min.
Extra time chilling: 1hr.
Cook: 5 min.
- Romaine lettuce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium boiled eggs.
- 6 slices of bacon
- Oil to fry bacon and croutons
- 180 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 anchovy fillets
- Slices of old bread
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Clean the lettuce thoroughly. There is nothing worse than sandy lettuce. After you have rinsed the lettuce, dry it with kitchen paper. Put the lettuce in the refrigerator to crisp up (preferably 1 hour).
- While the lettuce is in the fridge, you can make the croutons. Take the slices of bread and rub the crushed garlic on both sides of the bread. Sprinkle some salt on the bread. Heat up some olive oil in a pan. Cut the bread in cubes and fry them in the oil until they are golden. When done, put the croutons on kitchen paper to drain some of the grease. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon slices in a pan until they are crispy. Put on kitchen paper and set aside.
- It’s time to make the dressing! Combine lemon juice, crushed garlic, mustard powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and olive oil in a bowl. Whisk well until blended. Mash the anchovy fillets and whisk them into the dressing.
- Get the lettuce out of the fridge and tear the leaves. Get a large bowl and put the lettuce into the bowl. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss. Add the cheese, homemade garlic croutons, and freshly ground pepper. Toss again. Cut the eggs into parts and cut the bacon into smaller bits. Garnish the salad with the egg http://food-blogger.com/food-blog/boil-eggs-perfectly and bacon.
- Serve the salad immediately!
Tip: Add some avocado and cherry tomatoes for variation! Grilled chicken is also lovely with Caesar salad.
Share this delicious Seasar Salad Recipe with your friends