One of my favourite cakes is the carrot cake. This carrot cake is not difficult to make and it tastes heavenly (especially the cream cheese frosting!). You can also use this recipe to make carrot cake cupcakes.
- 4 eggs
- 300gr of (wheat) flour
- 250gr of brown sugar
- 185ml of sunflower oil
- 400gr of carrots, peeled and grated (weighted after peeling)
- 55gr of walnuts, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder (1 packet)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 180gr of soft butter
- 180g cream cheese
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 250gr of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and dust it with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and stir in the oil.
- Sift the flour with salt, cinnamon and baking powder over the eggs mixture. Mix together well.
- Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Mix with hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake the carrot cake for about an hour. Let it cool off before you put on the frosting.
- To make the frosting: Mix the soft butter with the powdered sugar, add the cream cheese and vanilla extract, combine well. Use a spatula or knife to put the frosting on the cake.
Tip: Add some raisins or dried fruit to the mixture!
Share this Yummy Carrot Cake Recipe with your friends!