In my opinion, the best cupcakes ever: Carrot Cake Cupcakes with a delicious cream cheese topping. These scrumptious cupcakes will surely be a hit at any party!
- 4 eggs
- 300g (wheat) flour
- 250g brown sugar
- 185ml sunflower oil
- 400g carrots, peeled & grated
- 55g walnuts, chopped
- Raisins, to taste
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 180g soft butter
- 180g cream cheese
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 250g of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven at 180c. Put paper cupcake cups in cupcake tray.
- Mix the eggs and sugar until creamy and stir through the oil.
- Sift the flour with the salt, cinnamon, and baking powder over the butter-egg mixture. Combine well.
- Add the grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins. Mix everything with a mixer.
- Pour the batter into the paper cupcake cups. Don’t fill the cups completely, the cupcakes will rise.
- Bake the cupcakes for 30 minutes in the oven. Use a toothpick to check if they are done (put the toothpick in the cupcake, when you pull it out a few crumbs should stick to it).
- When the cupcakes are done, let them cool down. You don’t want your icing or topping to melt.
- For the cream cheese topping: Mix the soft butter with the powdered sugar. Combine well. Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix well. Use a knife or a spatula to put the topping on the cupcakes when they are cooled down.
Tip: Add some more dried fruit!
Share this yummy Carrot Cake Recipe with your friends!