This classic Italian salad is the perfect summer salad! This Caprese Salad is easy to make, just don’t forget to marinate the mozzarella overnight. This dish is a tasty starter or side dish to any Italian meal.
- 2 balls of mozzarella (500g)
- Fresh basil
- 50g of rocket
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 6 large & ripe tomatoes
- Cut the mozzarella into slices (not too thick, not too thin).
- Get a small bowl. Mix together the vinegar, oil, honey, pepper, salt and oregano.
- Get a large plate. Layer the plate with the mozzarella.
- Pour over the vinegar marinade.
- Let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices (again, not too thick, not too thin)
- Grab a large serving plate. Put on a slice of tomato, followed by a basil leaf, put on a slice of mozzarella, followed by a rocket leaf, etc… Alternate between tomato and mozzarella until everything is on the plate.
- Pour the rest of the marinade over the salad.
- Garnish with some more basil and rocket.
Tip: Drizzle some green pesto over the salad or add some sun dried tomatoes.
Share this mouth watering Caprese Salad Recipe with your friends!