Brazil’s national cocktail, caipirinha, is made with cachaça. Cachaça is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from sugarcane juice. This summer cocktail is easy to make and delightfully refreshing!
- 70ml (2,5 parts) of cachaça
- Caster sugar, to taste
- 1 lime
- Crushed ice
- Cut the lime into 4 wedges and put the wedges into a tumbler glass.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the lime wedges.
- Use a muddler to squeeze out juice from the lime.
- Pour the cachaça over the lime wedges.
- Fill the glass to the brim with crushed ice.
- Stir with a bar spoon.
Tip: Garnish with a slice of lime!