This authentic Greek olive bread is super easy to make. Serve it with some tzatziki for a truly Greek meal!
Author: Emmy Baker
- 900g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 500ml lukewarm water
- 228g Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- Get a large bowl. Add the flour, yeast, 3 teaspoons of sesame seeds, oregano, salt and olive oil. Stir until you have a firm dough.
- Knead the dough for about 12 minutes or until it is smooth. Put a cloth over the bowl and place it somewhere warm.
- Let the dough rise for about 50 minutes.
- Knead the olives through the dough.
- Divide the dough in two (there is enough dough for 2 breads). Shape each bread into the desired shape. Put the breads on a baking tray. Cover with cloth.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Cut some slits in the breads with a knife.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on the breads.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake the breads in the oven at 190C for 30 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Add some sundried tomatoes!