This very rich pie is made with a lovely caramel sauce, bananas and whipped cream. Banoffee Pie is easy to make and it will be the hit at any party!
- 1 can of condensed milk (400g)
- 200gr of chocolate digestive biscuits
- 125g butter
- 4 large bananas
- Lemon juice
- 250 ml of whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Put the can of condensed milk in a large pan. Cover it with water and boil it for 2,5 hours (soft boil). Make sure the can remains covered with water at all times. You don’t want the can to explode. Let the can cool completely before you open it (again, you don’t want hot caramel sauce all over you).
- Put the biscuits in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the crumbs with the butter and press the mix onto the bottom of the cake tin. Put the base in the fridge.
- Peel the bananas and slice them. Sprinkle on some lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Mix. Don’t make the bananas too wet, the caramel will get runny otherwise.
- Whip the cream with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar into stiff peaks.
- Evenly coat the cookie base with the caramel sauce.
- Evenly distribute the banana slices onto the caramel.
- Top the bananas with the whipped cream.
- Put the pie in the fridge a couple of hours before serving.
Tip: Grate some dark chocolate and sprinkle it on the Banoffee Pie!
Share this Banoffee Pie Recipe with your friends!