Baba Ganoush is a dip made from roasted aubergine. It is very popular in the Levant (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestine and Israel). Serve it with some flatbread, like pita bread!
- 1 aubergine
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut finely
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven (200C).
- Grease a baking tray.
- Put the aubergine on the baking tray and prick holes in it with a fork. Roast it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Turn regularly.
- Put the roasted aubergine in a bowl with cold water. Remove it from the water and remove the skin.
- Put the aubergine, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seed and garlic in a blender and blend it until the ingredients are combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gradually mix in the oil.
- Put the baba ganoush in the fridge at least 3 hours before serving.
Tip: Add some green chillies for a spicy kick!
Share this delicious Baba Ganoush Recipe with your friends